Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hit & Miss : Trial & Error

By default, I suppose I have become the systems administrator or blog moderator, assuming I’m using those terms properly, for purposes of Project Promise and/or the Promise Foundation.

Please bear with me, as I try to get a handle on all this. It’s very new territory for me, and I remain a bit intimidated especially when encountering “net-talk”….i.e. URL, hhtp//, java script (which, apparently has nothing to do with coffee).
BYW, Angie, thanks for the feedback and encouragement. Can’t wait till you’re actually a follower too.

One thing I am still not getting is ….links & how to write and use them, which is important because we will want to reference other sites and information.
AND, please tell me, what exactly does …>,a href=””> < /a > < blockquote> mean, anyway?

Maybe we need to think about finding a little assistance with this kind of thing.

A Little About Formats
The Promise Foundation now has a Facebook “page” and a “blogspot”. I am unsure about the older website, and how that plays into all of this.
Although I managed to include the Promise Facebook page in my own groups, I remain unsure about how to proceed from there. One thing I do like about the Facebook page, is that it provides discrete sections, i.e. the “Wall”, “info”, “boxes”, notes and the ability to add new tabs, but I am still exploring how they might be used for purposes of the Promise Foundation, as discussed earlier this month at the Kurtz Enclave.

The blogspot looks promising too, but I am really struggling to understand the underlying systems. It does appear that when I post something on the blog, like this here….
a copy of it is sent to my own email. But, I wonder if that applies to all followers?
In the meantime, I think it’s important to kept inching forward, and
describing the Promise Foundation—it’s mission, vision, goals & projects—
for others as well as for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Just FYI - I am (happily!) getting your blog posts sent to my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete

The Promise Foundation

A Disability Community in the making . . . .

http://promisefoundationsandusky.blogspot.com/
P.O. Box 434
Sandusky, Ohio 44870